Why Clean Out My Gutters?
Did You Know?
Cleaning out your gutters is critical to avoid irreversible, foundational damage to your home. If your gutters become clogged, they can cause destructive flooding to occur everywhere from your basement, to your driveway, and can even ruin your landscaping costing hundreds or even thousands of dollars. The moisture can also attract pests that further damage your home, spread disease and generally cause a nuisance.
Did You Also Know?
Cleaning out your gutters isn't exactly a simple job and if not done correctly it can be dangerous to both you and your property. Tens of thousands of hospital visits each year are caused by ladder-related injuries, and there is a risk of structural damage to your home that can happen as a result of error.
Gutter Cleaning Services
Getting up on a ladder and cleaning out the leaves, sticks, and debris is time-consuming, difficult, and can even be dangerous, especially if you live in a multi-story home.
Your best option? Calling in the professionals. Our independent gutter cleaning experts can clean your gutters and downspouts safely and thoroughly, taking this tough chore off of your list and off of your mind.
How Often Should I Clean My Gutters?
It's generally recommended that gutters be cleaned at least twice per year. Gutters may need to be cleaned more frequently in areas with dense trees and/or frequent precipitation.
The most important seasons to clean your gutters are:
- Fall: Named appropriately for the falling leaves and debris that come with it, fall is typically most important for gutter cleaning. While the leaves may add something to the home's facade, their weight can cause major damage so they must be cleaned out regularly.
- Late spring: Rainy season is often when clogging and overflows happen, which can lead to serious issues like flooding, mold, and water damage if not addressed. Be sure to keep an eye out for leaks that need repairing too!
- Winter: Especially in areas with higher elevation and wetter winters, ice and snow can weigh down or even crack your gutters.
How Can I Tell That It's Really Time to Clean My Gutters?
I know, I know. I should clean my gutters at least twice a year. But like, when do I have to clean them?
If any of the following things are true...it's time:
- Animals have made your gutters into a home.
- You realize that chirping is not coming from your tree but a family of birds living in your gutter.
- Plants or mold are growing inside or around your gutter beds.
- It's still raining even after it's done raining...not from the sky but from your overflowing gutter.
- The metal appears to be bent and saggy from holding so much weight.
- You have a leaky roof. Believe it or not, your gutters may be your culprit.
How Much Does Gutter Cleaning Cost?
Lawn Love's average gutter cleaning job typically ranges from $75 - $150. This varies based on the size of your home and the amount of debris at the time of service.
We believe in immediate and transparent pricing. That's why we offer you an instant and personalized quote using satellite imagery to locate and size your property. You can rest easy knowing that you found affordable gutter cleaning with no hidden costs.
Start now by getting our free quote - we'll be happy to assess your needs, provide an estimate, and recommend a service.