Why Lawn Love is best rated in lawn mowing services
1. We find lawn mowing pros near you.
Lawn Love is a modern day take on lawn mowing. Gone are the days when moving to a new neighborhood meant starting from scratch to find local lawn maintenance companies to complete your weekly required grass cutting. Our skilled, independent pros service over 120 cities and roughly 900 counties. Once you become a Lawn Love customer, you'll never have to worry about finding a lawn mowing service again.
2. We offer immediate and transparent pricing on all mowing jobs.
We also solve the age old problem of determining a fair price for lawn mowing services. We quote your lawn mowing service cost instantly using our proprietary satellite technology. You can feel confident knowing that our price is fair and consistent. You know what you'll pay before we even schedule the job. We aim to provide affordable lawn care services for everyone.
3. Your lawn pro does great work, we guarantee it.
Lawn care and maintenance takes time and the right equipment to do it right. We’ll connect you with a lawn company that is prepared to handle even the most complex lawn needs. When hiring someone to care for your yard, you want to make sure it's a company you can trust. Your lawn care professional has already been pre-screened and vetted to ensure only the best lawn services are provided. You can rest assured that your yard mowing services will get done right or you don't pay us. It's that simple. Just ask our happy customers.
Why do I need lawn mowing services?
Grass cutting is a part of most lawn owners weekly chore list. Lawn mowing has become the most common landscaping practice for residential lawn mowing services. It typically takes 30 minutes to mow the average home lawn (10,000 square feet), which really adds up. While lawn mowing may seem simple, every time you cut your grass, you are either one step closer to lush and healthy looking grass or crippling its chances of survival. Proper mowing doesn't give your lawn an attractive appearance, it also increases the density of your grass. When done correctly, you will be able to boast of healthy, strong, and drought tolerant grass.
When’s the best time to cut my grass?
The best time to mow a lawn is early in the morning or in the evening. This is because mowing during the middle of the day where temperatures are at their highest can cause the plant to go into shock. It is also recommended to mow when your grass is dry. Dry grass allows your lawn mowers to function better as well as minimize disease exposure that can spread from plant to plant. Between the hours of 8:00am - 10:00am is generally the best time to cut grass.
How to mow your lawn
Mow your lawn using the one-third rule. The one-third rule says that you should never remove more than one-third of the leaf blade during any one lawn mowing. For example, if the recommended mowing height for a turfgrass is 2 inches, the height of the grass should not exceed 3 inches before it is mowed back to 2 inches.
Why? Turfgrasses, like other green plants, provide themselves with the necessary nutrients to grow through the process of photosynthesis. Photosynthesis is the process by which green plants and certain other organisms transform light energy (sun) into chemical energy. During photosynthesis in green plants, light energy is captured and utilized to convert water, carbon dioxide, and minerals into oxygen and energy-rich organic compounds.
When over one-third of the leaf blade is removed during the mowing process, there is significantly less surface area remaining to absorb the light energy to allow the process of photosynthesis to continue. Therefore, the green plant will produce less food for itself, resulting in a less healthy plant that is susceptible to insect damage and disease. Overcutting weakens the grass and also inhibits the growth of the roots, leading to the creation of a small, shallow root system. During the dry season, shallow roots can dry out which leads to the inevitable death of the plant or grass. Large root systems below ground allow grass to grow tall and healthy and can withstand the dry, summer months.
Grass cutting tips
- Select an appropriate mowing height. Generally speaking, the appropriate mowing height is two to three inches. Set the blade to the correct height of cut and mow frequently enough so you cut off no more than the top third of the grass plant. This will encourage stronger and healthier roots.
- Don't cut too short. Cutting your lawn too short can cause your lawn to lose moisture at a more rapid pace and fosters an environment for weed and disease infestation.
- Keep the lawn mower blades sharp. If you aren't sharpening your lawn mower blades, then you could be risking the health of your lawn. Sharp blades are needed to produce a clean, even cut. Unsharpened blades have a tendency of ripping the grass tissue. Torn grass tissue can result in a tan or brown cast to the lawn. The ripping also creates a breeding ground for disease and other issues.
- Leave grass clippings on your lawn. This process is called mulching, grasscycling, or recycling. Grass clippings can reduce your need for fertilizer by as much as 25% because they are full of essential nutrients. Grass clippings break down easily and cause issues only if there is an excessive amount.
- Change directions. Mowing causes the grass to lie over slightly, causing mowing patterns to develop. It's important alternate directions with each mowing to avoid the grass from lying over. Changing directions also reduces compaction and wear.
Choose the ideal mower
The correct lawnmower for your grass will provide a clean cut, every time. There are several factors to consider when choosing the best mower for you.
A push mower or walk-behind mower is ideal on 1/2 acre or less. Push Mower varieties include:
- Manual reel mower: Manual push mowers are environmentally friendly and quiet. This is a good choice for small, flat lawns.
- Electric mower: Corded and cordless (battery-operated) electric mowers are less noisy than gas mowers and great for small yards. Corded mowers require access to an electrical outlet, and battery-operated types may require a re-charge mid-mow. Cordless mowers charge times will vary by battery and charger, ranging from 30 minutes to a few hours.
- Gas-Powered push mower: Ideal for medium-sized lawns, gas mowers are the conventional option for yards up to 1/2 acre in size. A gas mower is more powerful and easier to maneuver than manual and electric options and provides more power. Most crank with a pull start, but some feature an electric starter that eliminates the need to use the pull cord. Keep in mind, you will need the correct fuel.
- Mulching mower: Mulching mowers cut and drop grass clippings to the ground as you mow. They have a handful of benefits, including increasing the addition of nutrients and disbursement of beneficial microorganisms into the soil.
A riding mower is good for a yard a 1/2 acre or larger. For large or sloped lawns, a riding mower or lawn tractor is the best option for large and/or sloped lawn because they allow you to get a big job done quickly.
Contact Lawn Love for the best lawn mowing service near me
Are you ready to have the best lawn care service and a lawn that will make your neighbors green with envy? Call our professional lawn service experts today for a free estimate for affordable grass cutting services from a Lawn Love approved lawn care company. We understand that each customer and their lawn has different needs and therefore requires different care. Let Lawn Love put together a customizable and comprehensive solution for your best lawn care service needs!
Using our lawn care app, lawn care providers have access to pick up your job in as little as two days. For the best lawn care service near me, get an instant quote.
Lawn Love is a modern, delightful lawn care experience for the best lawn service near me. Lawn care companies love working with Lawn Love.
Gone are the days of in-person estimates, payments left under the doormat, and spotty services from lawn companies. Lawn care service near me doesn’t have to be a challenge.
Our quoting technology will generate a personalized quote for your yard - all in under two minutes. From there, we'll send over only skilled, pre-screened lawn care pros from one of the best lawn care companies to work their magic. Your pro will come prepared with all their own lawn care tools. You don’t even need to be home!
Cheap lawn care near me
Our goal is to provide cheap lawn mowing services, without compromising quality. Payment and scheduling to the lawn companies near me are automated, and you can manage everything from the convenience of your phone or web browser. If you’re looking for affordable lawn care, lawn care services start at just $29. We have different options for mowing and maintenance services and plans to fit any budget. Our pricing is transparent, meaning you'll know what you'll pay for your service before the job is even scheduled so you'll never experience any hidden fees.
Come see what the best lawn care near me of the future looks like. Let Lawn Love connect you with a lawn care company near me today.